Jun 17, 2008

Unholiest Film Moments

So, I was talking with someone the other day about moments in film that just make your skin crawl. I was referring to their as "Unholy".

The Prophecy

It took a long time to find this first clip, as it is one of my favorites. Please go watch this whole movie as it will rock your socks off. Forgotten masterpiece.



The Prophecy is full of great scenes, like Viggo Mortenson as Satan, the Devil, a former Lucifer, well, you get the idea.



Also: I couldn't find a clip, but here's another great mini-speach from Walken as the angel Gabriel:

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why. "


Wishmaster

You may disagree, but Wishmaster 1, 2, and 4 ROCK. Well, 1 & 2 Rock, 4 is just mearly OK. One contained nods to other horror greats. Robert Englund (Freddie), Kane Hodder (Jason), Ted Raimi (sam's brother), Angus Scrimm (Tall Man from Phantasm), and in this scene Tony Todd (Candyman).



Texas Chainsaw Massacre

An oldie, but a goodie: Leatherface presumably needs to make hu-burgers so, here it is, the meathook scene.



Quick question hot shot: did you see the hook go in her back?

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth

Pinhead goes to church but I don't think he's in the mood to hear preaching. This one pretty much takes the cake.



While I'm not going to include any clips, any 30 seconds from part of the "August Underground" Trilogy counts as unholy. Go look it up for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post my man. It took a while to dig up those clips and I must say Bravo my good man, Bravo...