Jun 16, 2008

Stan Winston is Dead



Who will build our monsters now? Cancer took him away. Let's take a little look at the great man's work, shall we? First a clip, it's just a slide show of a lot of his effects work. Plus, it's got "Nightwish" as the background music.



Next I want to show a piece of cinema history. This is a rare 1990 Teaser shot by Stan Winston with Arnold on an off Kindergarten Cop day. I remember this clip getting me all insane over T2. Even though, when I watched the first Terminator as a kid I got scared and ran and hid in my uncle's lap.




Lastly, we look at a project Winston directed and created effects for: "A Gnome Named Gnorm". This mind sticks out most in my mind because if the proclivity for references to boobs, butts, and hitting people in the testicles.



Stan Winston is Dead | /Film

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm glad you did this. So many times visionary just like this go unnoticed. I vastly enjoyed the clips. Thank you my good man