Nov 11, 2007

Rare Python Bits!

I wish to offer to you a selection of rarely seen Monty Python clips. Below you can find the videos along with my descriptions. I know I keep saying my next video post is going to be about why you should love England, well, what better play to start than the Pythons?

Graham Chapman's funeral


John Cleese offers a eulogy at Graham Chapman's funeral. Simply amazing and Eric Idle sings "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

Monty Python on Public TV in 1975


The first Public Television station to show Python has them on during a pledge drive. General silliness follows. WARNING: This video does contain The Sound of Young America's Jesse Thorn's GIANT HEAD. You have been warned.

"I Wouldn't Watch This Commercial" - John Cleese Compaq Ad

Not technically a python bit, it's a derivative and it's funny so shut up and watch the damn thing already.

Four Yorkshiremen

An skit originally written for "At Last the 1948 Show" which Cleese and Chapman both worked for. It was preformed with on the show with Marty Feldman! View that here. When the Pythons did a traveling tour it eventually got filmed as part of the "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" film. It's one of my favorites. For comparison here is Eddie Izzard, Harry Enfield, Alan Rickman, and Vic Reeves preforming the skit in tribute for amnesty international: here. What amazinges me most is it has it's own wikipedia entry: here.

Every Sperm is Sacred

This isn't exactly "rare", but It shocks me that people haven't really watched everything they can get their hands on. This is the zenith of Monty Python songs and it's from the early parts of "The Meaning of Life". Like all good things Pythonic, even this has it's on Wikipedia entry: here.

Salas Days

I wanted to close this with my favorite sketch. It says everything there is to say about Monty Python. I also learned in researching this that "Salad Days" is a term referring to one's youthful, carefree days. More info at Wikipedia: here.

No comments: