May 18, 2009

Dreams

Dreams are possibly the most important thing that makes us human. The ability to mentally place ourselves somewhere else, perhaps even as a different person, is essential to life. Hope is the hotbed for dreams. Moreover, I believe it's important to listen to that other type of dream: the nightly ones the come to do whatever it is that they do. I'll relate a recent dream well, a snippet, the whole dream might cause homeland security to put me on lockdown:

I'm following Howard Stern through the World Trade Center. I'm confused because I'm well aware of what happened in the past. He leads me to this giant sheet of glass that makes a bridge between the two towers and asks me to cross it with him. I then scream, "Who the fuck do you think I am? Indiana Jones?" I turn to leave and as I exit the building I see Mrs. Doubtfire selling a book called: "The Art of Knitting" to which she then says, "This isn't the art of turning down Russians."

What have we learned? I possibly need medication and where else could this randomness have occurred. I don't think of things like this in my waking life. All dreams are the Chinese Whispers that make life palatable. Holocaust survivors talk about they kept hope alive. They dreamed of being free. A dream is a hope made real for yourself. So I extend this to you. Over the next few days dreams will directly relate to the other parts of this challenge. So I wish you good luck and the ability to catch your dreams.

No comments: